Do you know if you and your partner are compatible? Being in a relationship goes beyond just loving the person. You have to see if you both are compatible enough. Otherwise, it would feel like you both are going to different directions, and then you start to wonder why is this not working out? To avoid that, we would be looking at the signs to know if you and your partner are compatible. Being compatible with your partner is knowing that your partner shares the same view even with a different personality.
Furthermore, various signs will allow you to know if you’re compatible with your partner. Some of these signs are a list of questions compiled to help you examine your relationship with your partner. However, you don’t have to fit in all. Just pick the ones that are most important to you and check them out. Below are some aspects of compatibility you need to look at.
12 Ways To Know If You And Your Partner Are Compatible
1. Emotional compatibility: Are you the kind that is all mushy and emotional. Still, your partner is the hard kind of person who does not always need all that emotion flying around? Well, that is a sign. This also involves trust.
Are you able to trust your partner enough to put your heart on the line to know he or she will show up when you need him/her the most? Are they going to be able to acknowledge your feelings?
2. Physical Compatibility: Everyone can work on this aspect. Sharing your physical and sexual expectations can help grow your physical expectations. Getting to know if your partner can be physically compatible is very important. However, sex isn’t the most important thing in a relationship.
But some people use their sexual compatibility with their partner to know if they are the right one for them. Many people take their sex life seriously. If you happen to be one of these people, this is a compatibility sign you should be wary about.
3. Monetary compatibility: You and your partner need to be able to agree on your finances. Some people are naturally good with money, and some are not. If you have a partner who isn’t good with money and you are. Also, you both need to come together and talk about how you both will handle cash. If you can’t agree, it means you aren’t financially compatible. You both have to be aligned.
4. Life philosophy compatibility: This is how you see the world and the way you interpret meaning. It encompasses beliefs like religion, interpretation of love, and your sense of what it means to be a living being. Do you share the same life philosophies?. If yes, you both are compatible with this aspect.
5. Recreational Compatibility: If you have the same level of recreational compatibility, it is a sign both of you are compatible. For example, maybe you’re the kind of adventurous person and loves things like hiking or bungee jumping. But your partner is the type who prefers to stay home, watch a movie, and chill. It shows you both aren’t recreationally compatible.
6. Strive to make each other better? Couples who are in a compatible relationship tend to want to bring out the best in their partner. Furthermore, compatible partners tend to push themselves to be better versions of who you are. They aim to see their respective partner flourish at whatever they choose to do.
Also, compatible couples are both committed to the personal growth of their respective partner. They aim to be each other’s support system.
7. Can you both feed each other intellectually? If you’re the type that enjoys brain stimulation going from topics ranging from sports to politics to economics. While your partner is the type who just doesn’t like to talk that much is a sign you’re not intellectually compatible.
8. Do you miss your partner when you’re apart for a long time? This has to do with emotional intimacy. When you and your partner have a very close bond together and don’t have him/her near you, your world becomes void and empty—couples who are compatible with each other love to have their significant other always beside them. If you feel this way with your partner, it merely shows you both are compatible.
9. Do you trust your partner? This goes beyond imagining how your partner behaves when you’re away from him/her. It’s also about being able to trust yourself with your partner.
Do you trust them with your secrets? Can you openly make yourself vulnerable around them without having a fear of exploiting that vulnerability? Or without them judging or using your secrets to criticize you later.
10. Do you have compatible lifestyles? If you’re the kind of person who is goal-oriented or ambitious, you don’t necessarily need someone who will be exactly like you cos that sometimes can bring about power struggle. Still, also you don’t want someone who is the complete opposite. Otherwise, you’d find yourself being dragged down or disliking them for who they are.
11. Can you talk to your partner about anything? If you don’t have that openness and transparency with your partner, that means they don’t create a space for you to feel comfortable. Or you don’t create that space for them.
Also, couples in a harmonious relationship should feel safe and healthy around each other. If you can be yourself around your partner and you can talk to him or her about anything. It is a sign that you and your partner are compatible.
12. Do you laugh together? You need to share moments of laughter with our partners. If you have to take everything seriously in your relationship, then you are not compatible. Couples who are compatible should be able to enjoy each other’s company.
Besides, your partner isn’t your boss, whom you always have to be serious around. He or she is your best friend. You are sharing happy moments. If the case is different, it’s a sign you both are not compatible.