Many mothers throughout the world today do their best to earn a living and, at the same time, to care for their family and home, which is not an easy task. An important role of a good mother is to teach moral values to their children, doing their best to bring them up as responsible adults.
While fathers have the primary responsibility of training their children, Mothers also have a vital role in training their children. The children need both of their parents in their life in order to grow into responsible adults.
5 Things that Make a Good Mother
1. Spending quality time with children is very important, especially for their overall growth and development.
Sadly today, many women live busy lives and, as a result of that, do not spend or devote time to their kids. To be a good mom, you have to find ways to spend enough time with your kids.
2. A good mother always ensures that she is available for her children whenever they need her.
Buying your children all the presents in the world does not make you a good mother. What children need most is your availability, especially when they need it.
Do you make yourself available during teacher parents meetings? How about tucking them into bed? Or be present at their graduation ceremonies or to pick them up from school.
For good mothers, your kids should be your number one priority.
3. Are you your child’s friend? Do your children confide in you? If your child sees you as a friend, they will share anything with you and will be very comfortable with you.
Make it a priority to be your child’s closest ally. That way, you can help your child avoid making many mistakes or getting into any problems as they will always come to you before making any big decisions.
4. Do you show love and affection for your kid? There are many stories in the media of mothers or fathers who abuse their kids.
A good mother will never do anything to hurt or abuse her child. Just as a gardener prepares the soil, waters, feeds the plant, and protects it from pests and weeds, a good mother also care for and protect her kids.
They help their children grow in the right direction. And just as a gardener recognizes that a careful combination of various techniques will allow him to produce a healthy plant.
Similarly, parents care for their children in various ways. When they give discipline, it must be done carefully.
Just as a plant can suffer permanent harm, children can suffer permanent damage when the discipline is not done the right way. Good mothers must administer discipline with loving care.
5. In many homes today, parents yell and fight at each other in the presence of their kids. A good mother ensures that the atmosphere at home is pleasant.
Since problems are sometimes unavoidable, it would be best to handle them so that it doesn’t create a negative impression in front of your children. Always resolve issues behind closed doors and in low voices.
The atmosphere at home plays an important role in the growth and development of a child. A happy and pleasant atmosphere gives children a sense of security.