Wouldn’t it be marvelous if you knew how to start a conversation with a girl you like paying little mind to the outcome? In any major city, you’ll see varieties of ladies consistently–in the park, on trains, stores, bistros, and cafés.
Communication is a craft, and figuring out how to weave it in a way that will be beneficial to you, is a journey that lasts for long.
Today, you will get a first-row ticket to the perception of most girls from a lady about how we feel when men approach us. I will share the secret and individual steps you as a man, can use to your advantage and skills to vibe better with girls.
For men, figuring out how to start a conversation with a girl can be difficult, and it can likewise be an exhilarating one. Read on to know how to have appropriate discussions with girls without uncomfortable silence.
Firstly, note that when a guy approaches a girl, the significant things girls notice immediately are the confidence level and appearance. It’s true that girls do not always go for appearance; however, if a guy approaches her wearing filthy clothes and has an unkempt look, this will automatically put her off.
Shyness As An Asset
Being shy is not bad, but it can make it difficult to approach the girl you’ll like to start a conversation with. But you have to promise yourself that instead of allowing your fear of rejection to prevent you from approaching a girl, you will work to overcome your insecurities and make yourself a confident conversationalist.
And that instead of, “Oh my, I don’t know anything about her.” “What if she doesn’t like me?” “What if…?”
You will approach your concerns about not knowing what to say to your crush like you might approach any problem.
3 Different Approaches To Start Conversation With A Girl
1. Direct Approach: Simply stroll up to the person and introduce yourself by saying something like, “Hello, I’m Adam.” It’s basic and forthright, and you even get to be yourself.
2. Humorous Approach: Humor is an incredible method to initiate a conversation. If you see a girl you need to converse with, introduce yourself then say something funny that will undoubtedly make them laugh.
Discussion Examples-“Hello, I was just watching the cooking channel, and I was inspired to make some insert funny or weird meal, so now, I am going to get the mystery ingredients at the market”.
Now, she doesn’t really care about you going shopping for groceries, but if the story is interesting enough to her, she will become more engaging.
3. Complimentary Approach: Try to commend her on something other than her looks—it’s smarter to pick something like their character or what they’re wearing. For example, you may say, “you are really fun to be with.”
No matter if you approach her in person, on any social media platforms, the following step-by-step guide will help you to start a conversation with a girl.
How To Start A Conversation With A Girl Online
Be ready to establish a powerful connection if you intend to meet them and know them better offline. If you’re not able to establish a connection with her over text, how are you to do so when you finally meet her?
It is really helpful to establish a connection or chemistry of some sort beforehand so that your connection will only keep getting enhanced from time to time when you finally meet. Without her curiosity and comfort, it will be hard for her to say yes when you finally ask her to meet.
When you converse, make sure to ask her compelling questions about different things in her life. Don’t just ask her about her job alone. Be versatile and ask her what she enjoys doing in her leisure time, ask her about her travel experiences, and which she enjoyed most.
Indulge her with some of your stories. Inquire if she has any future adventures in mind. Don’t be afraid to talk about exciting topics beyond the common subjects. This will help you get over your jitters and apprehension before your first meeting. It will also help you discover if you have things in common enough to push further.
At Your Work Place
Do you have any method of getting some Intel on her from a colleague who’s the informal “informant” of your workplace? Or then again, have you been studying her for some time and is sure that she is calm?
Walk calmly to her work area, compliment her workspace if decorated by Knick knacks or something to that effect, and afterward start a little discussion, which will permit you to introduce yourself.
Start paying compliments more frequently to everybody at your workplace; that way, you are sending her hint that you mean no harm. Your chances of hanging out with her outside work will increase.
On The Phone
It’s not always possible to have discussions with somebody up close and personal always. Phone calls have been able to breach the gap and make it easier to hear a person’s intonation when they say something. There are various things to talk about when having a phone conversation with a girl; however, it can be awkward for two opposite gender just getting to know each other.
So, here are a few tips on what to chat with a girl about via the phone:
1. Tell Her Teaser Stories
We as a whole have some amusing anecdotes about growing up, our first [enter situation here], or humorous incidents. Tell her these face to face for them to have the best effect. Until then, leave them looking forward to your funny stories. What you need to do is tease them with the preface of the stories. “Oh, man, did I ever tell you about the time I nearly died when I got lost in the desert? No? Remind me to tell you when I see you!”
2. Ask About Her Day
Research shows that women generally use 20,000 words a day in contrast to men’s 7,000 and that women make bonds by talking. So often, in the becoming more acquainted stage, ladies appreciate having significant conversations over the phone. While it’s acceptable to connect and build up a bond, I will caution you against having drawn-out discussions, except if you can’t meet due to long distance.
Use the phone for some quick catching up and to set a meeting on how to meet each other and ensure you DO call her! So many women dislike guys who never call but only text.
3. Discuss Funny Fantasies
Pose inquiries like “If you won the lottery today, what will be the first thing you would do for the sake of entertainment?” Everyone enjoys the lottery question because it is amusing! This inquiry will likewise show you what her interests are and what she enjoys doing.
How To Start A Conversation With A Girl In Public
- Don’t conclude that a girl is single, heterosexual, or keen on being “hit on.”
- Rather than whistling, honking, touching, or saying something lewd about her looks as a method of saying hi, treat her like a typical person. Say hello, smile, or nod.
- If you need to engage her in a discussion, see #2. If she returns your hello with hers, you can now attempt to courteously start a discussion about something harmless and definitely not about her body parts. Be conscious of her as a human. Try not to make her become rude to you in order to discharge you.
- Never approach her in an isolated zone or at nighttime because that makes most ladies anxious or terrified.
- If you’re in a place like a bookshop or comic book shop, ask her what her preferred book is or what book she’s presently reading. You could likewise remark on the shop’s general scene: “It’s really cool in here, isn’t it?” or “I can’t believe they painted the dividers orange” to break the ice.
- If she doesn’t appear to be keen on talking, let her be. There are various ways to tell that she’s not in the mood: not making eye contact, monosyllabic answers, searching for an exit from the discussion. If she is interested, she will make it known through her eye connections, smiles, and she might even move closer to you.
- Show that you are effectively listening by maintaining eye contact, gesturing, smiling, and concurring with verbal signals like “yes” or “mmmm.”
On A Bus Or Train
After saying your greetings, and you get a good reaction, you can proceed to start up a discussion like; where she’s going, get some information about her classes, complement her shirt.
Before doing all the immediate things above, you have to look out for anti-social signs; if she has the “DND” look on her face, it is clear that she is simply attempting to go from route A to B without having to stress over anyone pestering her.
Was she listening to music when you made eye contact with her? After you’ve gotten the greeting out of the way, you could try discussing what she’s listening to and let the conversations come naturally from there.
Pose Fun Inquiries Like
1. Which celebrity would you want to become more acquainted with?
2. If you ruled the world, what will you like to change?
3. What was your preferred film as a child?
4. What is your preferred spot to go on vacation?
5. What do you do on an ideal day?
6. Which song you’ll never get tired of listening to?
7. If you could have been a child prodigy, what would have been your skill?
8. What is that thing you can continue buying every day?
9. What eccentricity will your folks be amazed to find out about you?
Now that you’ve learned that being shy is not so bad, and can be honed to your advantage, we hope you will be able to start a conversation with a girl and be able to pat yourself on the back whenever you make a new friend.
Obisesan Oluwatosin Grace is a freelance writer. She has worked as a reporter for a magazine firm called Ijebu Flavors and a content creator with Jetheight Services. She has contributed articles to Howng, Howafrica, Howsouthafrica, Nigeriana, and many more.
Obisesan is obsessed with creativity, and she likes to spend her free time learning how to improve her skills. She enjoys watching Sci-Fi and action movies, reading numerous fictional works, writing poetry, and listening to continental music. She is currently taking a creative writing course at Wesleyan University, USA.