Pregnancy has its ups and downs for every expectant woman out there. However, do not get carried away with the horrible stories people spread about being pregnant. There are of course so many ways to love being pregnant.
I have seen countless videos of pregnant women vibing to good music challenges. All thanks to Tiktok. Consequently, making other women feel like getting pregnant too. These 20 ways for you to love being pregnant are top-notch.
1. Leverage on your status: you can leverage on being pregnant a lot. When your baby bump becomes conspicuous. This is the only time a lot of people willingly take care of you without you asking for their help.
So when they offer to help you pick up your stuff, give up their seats, just acknowledge them for their kind gestures.
2. Go on a shopping spree: oh yeah, you are excited about being pregnant already. Getting your lazy ass off the couch to do some good shopping can put you on a cloud 9 level. Buy things you will need for maternity such as clothing, baby crib, diapers, bibs, to mention just a few.
3. Stay attractive: being pregnant does not mean you should abandon your chic ways. Try as much as possible to look good at all times. Don’t be a drag! Change that hairstyle you have had on since your period was officially declared as missing.
Moreso, Care for your nails and feet. Furthermore, they always look neat in appearance. This way, your partner would still find you appealing.
Remember, pregnancy has its glow on most women. So use this to stay on top of your game to keep up with the Kardashians, lol.
4. Have joie de vivre: joie de vivre is a French word that simply means the joy of living. Let your baby bump give you this enthralling moment.
Embrace the fact that a tiny human is being nurtured in your womb. I can recall with great pleasure when my friend was pregnant. She would call me to come and see her belly that her unborn child is kicking.
5. Gauge your life: 9 months of being pregnant is enough for you to gauge your life. Assess yourself in every area and try to improve on your weaknesses. This way, you will be prepared to welcome a new baby in your home happily with little or no stress.
For instance, prepare your home and finances for the baby. Therefore, you will not be anxious about caring for yourself and your unborn baby.
6. Take a duvet day: oh, not again! the ticking of your alarm clock awoke you from the beautiful sleep you were having (yawning). However, you do not really feel like leaving your comfort zone yet. You can give in to this temptation.
It would be good for you to do this being pregnant. Taking a duvet day will help to reduce the stress or pressure you accumulated while working.
7. Have a gender reveal party: if you are very comfortable to let the public know the sex of your baby before delivery. Host this party with your family, friends, and well-wishers. Allow your guests to guess if your baby would belong to team staches or team lashes.
8. Have some massages: who does not like a massage?. Get safe prenatal massages that will relax your body well. Your partner or a masseuse can help you out on this.
Furthermore, getting massages reduces the level of your stress and back pains from being pregnant. Studies have proven that massage can boost milk production for breastfeeding mothers.
9. Keep fit and healthy: you are going to have cravings at awkward moments of the day. This does not justify that you have to overeat and become obese. At other moments, you may just lose appetite completely.
Try eating enough balanced diet to sustain yourself during pregnancy. Additionally, you can talk to your health provider about workouts that are safe for you as an expectant mom. Moreover, you could also meditate.
10. Reach out to your support system: your mother is your go-to person to support you when you take in. Mother knows best. She will guide you through this period. You will be surprised to see how much you would treasure your mother after the delivery of your baby.
A first-time mom once told me how she started treating her mother like a queen after she welcomed her baby, lol.
11. Get it on: your libido might increase as hormones levels are fluctuating. Bear in mind that a new life is growing inside. Ensure you try new styles with your partner while getting them on. If you like, you could continue with these styles after childbirth.
12. Switch your hairstyles: as some of your hormones are changing. Your hair increases in length and mass. Try that hairstyle you have wanted to do for a long because bad hair days are finally over.
The hair is truly the beauty of a woman. Hence, visiting a salon will give you that wow effect. Your partner will be completely smitten by you and would love to get you pregnant again.
13. Bank on your husband: you will love being pregnant the more if you lean on your partner. Besides, he will always be there for you when you need him the most.
A mother of two I chatted with recently told me that this is the only time her husband gets to really pet her. If she has a craving at midnight, he is ready to meet her needs. Also, you never can tell how this could strengthen the bond between you too.
14. Make new friends: when you are up and about try striking a conversation with other expectant mothers. They will be able to resonate with any experience you might have. Moreover, you will never be bored in the company of other women.
There will always be something to talk about. However, do not go gossiping as it could land you in serious trouble.
15. Get off the scale: no need for you to start worrying over pounds you may add to your weight. Do your best to stay within the moderate weight. Consequently, this will give your baby a healthy weight at birth.
16. Zero in on your target: the joy you feel after putting to bed is beyond comparison. It is indeed a very memorable day. Envisage this and see yourself smiling from ear to ear.
Also, this is truly one excellent way to love being pregnant. All the aches and pains you once felt will disappear into thin air.
17. Acquire Information: it does not matter if this is your first pregnancy. It is beneficial to be mentally equipped with all the tools necessary to have a successful pregnancy, labor, and delivery.
Make sure you get the right information from a reliable source. You could also read more about pregnancy, child care, or nutrition from books written by good authors.
18. Boff: boff over those funny things you did like holding your keys in your hand while busy ransacking the house for it. There will be lots of moments like this.
19. Do a scan: another way to love being pregnant is for you to go for scans. You get to have a peek at what your unborn baby is like. It is really a moment to behold.
Another expectant mom revealed how she went for a scan, and her baby was covering his face. Sounds cool, right?.
20. Create a photo book: Creating a photo book of your pregnancy will help freeze remarkable memories you and your partner will forever cherish in years to come.
Your child will be glad you do, too, as he or she will have the opportunity to see how your tummy looked like when he or she was inside of you.
As you take photos of your pregnancy tummy, write down some notes of how you felt as the bump keeps on growing.
To wrap it all up,
If these did not work for you. On the one hand, you can blame it on your hormones. I understand you perfectly. On the other hand, you could see a therapist to help you get better.
Hopes are not lost. Childrearing forever changes your relationship with your partner positively. It will also allow you and your man to develop valuable qualities.
One father said, “Raising children has had a positive effect on me and my wife. It has helped my wife and me to become less self-centered, and we have become more committed, loving, and understanding. So you can see that giving birth can contribute positively to your relationship.