There could be several reasons why you become bored in a relationship. Getting bored in a relationship is a sign that something is wrong in your relationship and needs to be addressed urgently. To begin with, you need to have an understanding of why you are bored.
A relationship is not a bed of roses. Sometimes, it makes you do the unimaginable out of excitement. At other times, it makes you feel like swearing out some curses. Most of these things occur even though your partner may be truly in love with you.
But would it be a shocker if you get bored in a relationship? Of course not.
Certainly, a relationship can become boring just because you became lax. Are you bored of loving your partner?. Being in love is not constant with anyone without a continuous effort to be committed to the relationship.
One of these days in your love life, you may begin to wonder why you are still holding on to the relationship. How did you get to this phase?. You never thought of looking at your relationship with disgust, but you are doing so now.
Before you start thinking of managing the relationship or moving on with a new person, you need to evaluate yourself. Why are you bored? What exactly got you bored?
The moment you realize these answers, it will prevent your relationship from getting stale over time.
Come to think of it, how many times more do you think you want to continue switching from one partner to another? Just because you are no longer into it. Learn more about the pitfalls to avoid to eliminate getting bored in a relationship.
These 12 common reasons will help you to discover the cause of boredom in your love life. Then you may decide if you want to salvage the situation or let go for a new relationship right now.
12 Reasons You’re Bored In Your Relationship
1. Too predictable: ever tried seeing a movie that you could tell what would happen next? Were you excited all through the show?. In the same vein, things can go south in your romance just because it is monotonous. Nothing is new again to you. It gets dull over time. Check number 2 to see how to eliminate predictability once and for all.
2. The rush of excitement: love begins to wane after some time of being together as an item. The chances of taking each other for granted becomes high. However, elements of surprises and excitement can bring sparks to your relationship again. Plan a weekend getaway for two, go on dates regularly just like when you just met.
3. The Shaky Foundation: if the foundation of your relationship is faulty, this is fatal. As it could crash easily to the ground no matter how hard you try to save it. For instance, getting into a rebound relationship is a no-no.
4. Met someone better: if you are beginning to feel you met someone new that has met your specifications, the love you have for your present partner may start declining. The relationship will no longer be fun anymore since your current partner will no longer be good in your eyes.
5. Emotional affairs: oftentimes, neglecting your partner and preferring to discuss those little details with someone of the opposite sex can create walls between you and your partner. If you are not careful enough, your partner begins to lose value to you because you no longer share your experiences anymore.
6. Boring sex: sex with the same person in the same location using the same style at a particular time now and then can sometimes be boring. It may give a kiss of death to your passion. And your brain is thinking of how to make it more enjoyable? Just switching your style, location, and timing can make it all feel brand new again in the bedroom.
7. Not creating lasting memories: a good way to warm your way into anyone’s heart is to create pleasant memories. Reminding your partner of the first day you met, the day you got married would make them swoon in love for you.
8. Communication: communication is the livewire of any relationship willing to survive the test of time. Do not become complacent to talk about those little things that you think do not matter.
It is the little things we often overlook in relationships that matter the most. So when next you need someone to talk to meet your lover.
9. Spontaneity: try doing things out of the blue with your better half. This is another way to keep predictability at bay in your love life. After all, it is only a mad man that keeps doing things in the same way, and he is expecting to get a different result.
10. Not having your own space: it is not fun being in your partner’s life every minute that passes by. With time you begin to feel caged, and you will be in desperate need to want to escape from them. This is a major reason you are bored in a relationship.
11. Annoying partner: no one is perfect. We are all flawed. Your partner may have some habits you find unattractive like losing temper easily at the slightest provocation. When your partner gets calm, you can correct her lovingly on how her unnecessary anger is ruining your relationship.
12. You have lost your identity: if you lose focus in life because of a relationship, you will likely get bored in a relationship. You will eventually begin to crave your single life again so you can fly like a bird around the world without feeling under the control of someone.
Create a balance. Do not neglect your personal development in the name of dating or marriage.
To sum up,
A quick resolution on what you want to do is better to get your relationship on track. Sure, you do not want to be caught up in a messy breakup. There is no point in managing the fact that you are bored in a relationship since you have lost complete interest in it. But if you really do love this person, endeavour to fix it together.
See also: Things You Shouldn’t Do After Breakup