I am going to tell you 10 ways of knowing if a guy is genuine or just a player. You can discern if a guy is genuine, or if he is just a player in a different number of ways; you just have to observe him a little bit deeper. Many people believe a player is a guy who wants sex. Actually, the truth is 95 percent of guys do want sex, whether he is a player or a genuine guy. But remember to watch out for this: if sex is his priority in the relationship, then you better run as fast as you could.
How to Tell if He is Genuine or just a Player
1. A genuine guy doesn’t try to impress you with expensive or flashy gifts just to get you to say yes to him or fall for him. However, a player does these things to quickly get your attention so that he can move on quickly. He gives with ulterior motives; to impress you and to get something in return.
2. A genuine guy is always patient. He tries to understand your feelings, see things from your perspective, and he won’t be in haste. Furthermore, a genuine guy will try to put the needs of your relationship above their personal needs.
On the other hand, a player is not patient. He doesn’t have the time to understand how you feel about things that are very important to you. He just wants to get on with it as fast as he can, and he doesn’t see things from your own angle.
3. A genuine guy is not egocentric, but rather he listens attentively to you. He also puts your interest ahead of his own. On the other hand, a player is always selfish, he thinks most of himself before others. He also likes to brag about himself. He may try to disguise his attitude at first.
The truth is, he definitely won’t be able to keep up with it for so long. So you just have to be on the watch out for any of these signs. It may take some little observations to know if a guy is genuine or a player.
A genuine guy also recognizes when you need assistance and then steps up to the plate and helps you. Meanwhile, a player expects you to be loyal to them or agree with them even if it means compromising your values or doing something against your will.
4. A genuine guy takes it slow. He wants to see you again, to learn more about you gradually. Furthermore, he will be just as gentlemanly and complementary as the player. Nevertheless, he’s got more depth to him. But a player looks at you in a leering and sleazy kind of way.
Also, he doesn’t listen to everything you say. Another way of knowing if a guy is a player is that he only remembers a few things from your previous discussion with him. Why not ask him some important details of what you both discussed the last time and see if he can recollect 50% of them.
5. Another way to tell if a guy is genuine or just a player is that a genuine guy answers all your questions sincerely without thinking. He respects your decision, but a player talks in circles. He is not always straightforward and always likes to beat around the bush, especially after giving him a firm no.
6. A genuine guy is always committed. If he promises to call or arrange a date with you, he tries as much as possible not to disappoint you. A player is an exact opposite. He is never committed to whatever you guys have arranged. He finds excuses from time to time.
Also, he always disappoints at an already agreed time. He wants everything done right here right now whenever he wants, if possible.
7. A genuine guy’s phone is not always in silent mode; he receives calls in your presence. He doesn’t lock himself in a room or walks so far away that you do not hear a bit of word from him. In a player’s case, his phone is always in silent mode; you hardly hear or see him receive any call, even if you stay with him for a whole week.
8. A genuine guy is specific. He is truthful when you ask him about his home address. And also who he lives with and about his whereabouts. On the other hand, a player tries to hide this information from you. He is never 100 percent clear on where he lives or with whom they live. Sometimes he may have up to 2 or 3 addresses. For instance, he may say I sometimes live with my brother at his place. Sometimes I spend weekends at my friend’s place, but my home is at this place.
9. A genuine guy is always upfront and honest with you. That is, he acts openly so that you know what he is up to. Furthermore, he tells you the truth no matter what the situation is or the consequence or even if it isn’t what you want to hear. He will go through a rough patch with you and gives you honest advice.
On the other hand, a player will keep you thinking and guessing. You never know their next steps. A player will wait for you to come out of it or try even to distract you sometimes. They never acknowledge that something was wrong.
10. Lastly, another great way to tell if a guy is genuine or a player is that a genuine guy gives compliments that are modest and in no way too sexual, or at least not during the first couple of months that you guys met. But a player is too quick to compliment you. Most especially, in a flirtatious and sexual way, even right from the moment you guys met.
They like compliments such as you look sexy, nice legs, sexy body or shapes, nice behind, etc. compliments with flirtatious or sexual words. Be wary of this kind of person. A real guy sees potential in you as no one else does and encourages you to accomplish your goals. That’s what makes a guy genuinely in love with you.
How To Protect yourself from a player
There are always subtle hints that a guy’s a trained romancer. If a guy shows these signs, he’s not the commitment type; rather, he’s the hit and run type. Players are very skilled at masking their true identity and intentions because they want to be successful seducers. Unless you’re able to see the real deal, you’ll continue to risk getting hurt.
Protect yourself by being observant at all times, especially if you want to get into a new relationship. Conclusively, dating carefully and selectively, so you never fall for a wolf in Romeo’s clothing. I hope I am able to show you 10 ways you can tell if a guy is genuine or just a player.